Treating yourself to an at-home facial is a great way to give yourself some well deserved pampering and self love. If you want a healthy, glowing complexion do our easy to follow 5 steps fabulous facial once or twice a month. Scedule 20-30 minutes in the evenings or before going to bed as it's the best time to reap the benefits as your body goes into repair mode as you sleep. Prep your hair by wrapping it a towel or put your hair up and away from your face before you begin and choose products which are complimentary to your skin type. Light some scented candles and put on your favourite chill music and relax.
Step One - Cleanse
* Start by applying cleansing cream and leave on for 1 - 2 minutes to give it time to dissolve grime, dirt, oils and stale make-up then gently smooth away with cotton wool.
Step Two - Exfoliate
* Dampen your skin with warm water then avoiding the delicate eye area, gently massage with a generous amount of facial scrub to loosen dead skin cells and to reveal the fresh skin beneath as well as to prep your skin for the beneficial treatments to come. Rinse away with warm water.
Step Three - Steam
* Steaming opens the pores, making them receptive to treatments. Fill a bowl or small wash basin with a kettle full of boiling water. Then lean over the top, making sure to stay a safe distance away. You can capture the steam with a towel placed over your head. Set a timer for 5 minutes, to allow the steam to warm and soften the skin and to help flush out any impurities. For sensitive skins 3 minutes or less, or until it feels uncomfortable.
Step Four - Mask
* Smooth on a face mask and leave on as long as instructed on the packet. This is the time to light some scented candles, lie down, put your feet up and relax with some soothing music in the background. I absolutely always place a thin slice of cucumber on each of my closed eyelids to refresh and pep up tired eyes.
Once time is up, rinse away the face mask with warm water and finish off with a few splashes of cool water to close pores and freshen your skin. Gently pat dry with a clean towel or facial flannel.
Step Five - Moisturise
* If you use a toner, lightly soak a good amount on a cotton wool pad and apply only to the oily areas, such as the nose, chin and forehead. This is also a really great time to apply a skin serum if you use one, as you will get the maximum effect after a deep cleanse.
* Dot your skin with a generous amount of moisturiser, and avoiding the eye area, gently massage your skin. Be careful not to tug or pull at your skin as you massage using light strokes in an up ward or circular movements. This will help to brighten complexion and can help to reduce puffiness.
* Using your ring finger, very gently, starting from the outer edges and moving towards the inner eye, smooth your under eye areas with a soothing eye cream to make the skin ultra soft and help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
By Slaybabe @slaybabeuk